In sports, a person becomes different. His worldview and attitude to life are changing. Thoughts become clearer. However, in order to start practicing, you need to find individual motivation. Let’s take a look at what basic incentives experienced athletes advise to use and what works.
Motivation is translated from Latin as “move”. This psychoactive process drives a person to achieve goals. In sports, the concept is of great value, because each athlete defines his own incentives and tasks. These help you to achieve goals faster.
FEATURES OF MOTIVATION
Sport is not only about the training process, but also about motivation. This is what gives an athlete character and willpower. None of the great athletes would have achieved anything if they did not set clear goals for themselves and did not seek the motivation. You need to understand “want” and “need” and not make excuses.
For the search for an incentive, the sport is not at all important.
One has only to find a reason to get off the couch and start exercising, like; running, going to the gym, pumping abs, etc. There are several motivating factors that help:
- Successes – a person feels and sees the fruits of work. The more difficult the training, the more pleasure the athlete gets.
- Recognition from others – when people from the outside notice the result, then self-esteem rises. If you can be critical of yourself or, conversely, see only the best. That environment will not deceive, he will say it as it is.
- Growth Opportunity – It’s important to see the training perspective.
- Sport is the motivation for training. The process itself is already stimulating to go and do.
- Body health and beauty is one of the main reasons why people start exercising. When the body is taut, the internal organs function better.
Every day you need to work on yourself. People with self-discipline, responsibility and desire to see where they are going. All obstacles are easier for them. To get the result, you will have to sacrifice some parts of your life. Someone limits communication with family and friends, someone relegates work or study to the background, some completely abandon the world around them and completely immerse themselves in sports.
Such difficulties are not given to an athlete in vain. He understands where he is going, for what he sacrifices. However, this fanatical attitude can be detrimental. An athlete can lose friends and relatives cease to understand him. It becomes difficult to change the environment as a comfort zone appears. Marrying her is pretty hard. Therefore, even motivation should be treated with moderation and caution.
THE BEST MOTIVATION FOR SPORTS
Each athlete finds incentives to suit his own principles and interests. However, for many, such methods will be fundamental:
- Determining the cause – identifying tasks and goals allows you to clearly understand why to go to the gym, what will happen after training, how long to live like this, what the consequences will be, what will happen to the body and what to say to the family and at work. A person needs such a reason, which will be the foundation for starting a sports career.
- Positive thinking – Arnold Schwarzenegger also did not succeed in everything at once. Goals are achieved gradually and measuredly. You should not force yourself to do it through force. All thoughts should only be from a positive point. Even if there are demotivators, they need to be translated into a positive sign.
- Small goals – by setting small goals, you can quickly come to global ones. Each workout should have a specific goal that the athlete embodies.
- Penalties – For non-compliance with the plan or violation of it, you need to come up with fines. Especially if there was a skipped day of training. This will motivate you to always complete your tasks.
- Encouragement – next to punishment is gratitude. You need to reward yourself for your achievements.
- An expensive gym membership is a great incentive for beginners not to quit. As you know, the habit comes after 21 days of constant repetition, and an expensive subscription is a great helper. A person goes to the gym every day or every other day and gradually he becomes attached to this place.
- Group lessons – at first, such workouts will also help you swing. New acquaintances allow you to broaden your horizons. A pleasant atmosphere in the class will also give positive emotions.
- Filling out a diary will help you to control all of the changes in the program, keep track of exercises, change them on time and make complications, etc.
- Disputes – This method is good for adventurous people who like to wager. At such moments, additional adrenaline is released into the bloodstream of a person and training becomes more productive.
- Motivational stickers and posters – images of fit athletes, inscriptions, rules do not allow a person to forget about their goals.
- Take photographs – Take a photograph every month to monitor your changes. So a person himself sees what is changing in his body and how training positively affects the body.
- Have fun – to make the classes more interesting, it is worth turning on music. It is different depending on the sport. Driving and strong songs are suitable for the gym, but for yoga, it is better to choose slow compositions such as the sounds of nature.
Along with all these incentives, you can still buy a fitness gadget, switch to proper nutrition, find a rival or idol. All motivations are allowed to be used together since a person needs to find such methods every day for increased motivation.
MOTIVATION IN WOMEN
It is especially important for girls to look after themselves. When extra pounds appear, then life becomes much more difficult. There is an additional load on the spine and legs. It takes more effort to carry the weight home. Sports are also important for women with a sedentary lifestyle. Office workers know how difficult it is to sit for 8-9 hours in one place, as you want to constantly stretch your whole body.
Women’s motivation for sports is different:
- Purchase a good quality plastic water bottle.
- Choosing a fitness club.
- Purchase a subscription.
- Agitation of girlfriends for training.
- The opportunity to use all the services of the club.
- weight loss.
One of the brightest ways for a girl to overcome laziness is to buy a beautiful tracksuit. The female brain is so arranged, that it is imperative to boast about a new acquisition. Therefore, going to the gym at first has such a character and then the girl begins to like the whole process.
Also, before and after photography works well with women. When they see the result, they immediately want to make an ideal body for themselves. However, to achieve such goals, you will have to spend more than one hour a day, not even one month in training, to see these changes. Periodically, it is recommended to take photos of yourself to monitor changes.
During training, the weak half of humanity should think about 3 things:
- About the main thing – sport is a part of life, like work, family and food. You need to tune your mind to the positive and not to get upset even from small failures.
- Without haste – no need to work exhaustingly, so that there is no time left for your personal life. Violence against the body will not give an instant effect but can harm. It is worth keeping an eye on the exercise interval. You can modify your workouts to target different muscles and develop an all-rounded better physique.
- Enjoyment of exercise – it is not recommended to do those exercises that you do not like. You need to go to easy directions. If you like yoga, then we notice going to the gym, and vice versa. Sport should be a thrill, not a burden.
MOTIVATION FOR MEN
Guys also dream of a beautiful body. If fit forms are important for a girl, then for men muscles and their volume are the priority. This adds courage and self-confidence for them as well. Therefore, the main motivation for sports for men is precisely this. They aim for a large back and shoulders to look muscular.
Demotivators for people of any gender are similar:
- Lack of time.
- Feeling unwell.
- Lack of support.
- Heavy and intense strain.
- No money for the gym.
- Lack of equipment.
The list of reasons why it is impossible to study, continues for many more points. But it’s really all about motivation. Workouts are freely held at home and last only 10-15 minutes. It is recommended to use water bottles, chairs, books, bags as your inventory. You can even do workouts with children and use them as weights. This will add emotionality to training and it will turn out that you spend extra time with the kids.
If there is a pain in some part of the body, then it is better to focus on another area. In case of serious illness or injury, it is worth cancelling the class. But mild ailments are not a reason to miss a workout.
For men, the following methods are suitable as motivation:
- Goal setting.
- Drawing up a program.
- Search for an idol.
- Appropriate music.
A popular excuse for many people is age. However, the number of digits means absolutely nothing. There are a lot of people who came to professional sports after 20, 30, or even 50. A striking example is Jeffrey Life, who at 60 competed in bodybuilding competitions.
Movies can help you cope with your nerves and add interest to your activities. For inspiration, it is recommended to watch “The Karate Kid”, “Knockdown”, “Ali”, “Million Dollar Baby” and “Peaceful Warrior”. If such a movie does not give girls pleasure, then for men it is a good motivation. Besides, you can find an idol!