The following agreement concerns the rules of the Site regarding personal information provided to the administration of the Site by Users.
2. Information for Users
The information we receive through cookies helps us to provide you with our services in the way that is most convenient for you, and can also help us get an idea of our readers. For example, if, having entered the Site, you have visited a section, then the next time we can learn about this from the cookie and highlight articles from this section during your subsequent visits to the Site.
3. Cookie information
A cookie is a small amount of data, often including a unique anonymous identifier, sent to your browser by the site computer and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Each site can send its own cookies to your computer if your browser settings allow it. At the same time (to preserve the confidentiality of your data), your browser only allows sites to access your own cookies, but does not allow them to use the same cookies left by other sites.
Cookies store information about your internet preferences. Users can configure their computers to automatically accept all cookies, be warned every time a site tries to write a cookie to the user’s hard drive, or not accept any cookies at all. The latter option means that some personal services cannot be provided to users, and also that users who have chosen such settings will not be able to get full access to all sections of the Site.
Each browser is unique, so please refer to the Help function of your browser to find out how to customize your cookie experience.
If you have configured your computer to completely deny the acceptance of cookies, you can still visit the Site anonymously until you choose to use one of the site’s services.
Cookies are widely used by website owners to keep websites running or to improve their performance, as well as to obtain analytical information.
The site and service providers may use different types of cookies on their Internet resources:
• Strictly Necessary Cookies. These cookies are necessary for the site to work correctly, they will allow Users to move around the Site and use its capabilities. These cookies do not personally identify Users. If the User does not agree to use this type of files, this may affect the performance of the Site, or its components.
• Cookies related to performance, efficiency and analytics. These files help us understand how Users interact with the Site, providing information about the areas they visited and the amount of time they spent on the site, as well as these files show problems in the operation of the Internet resource, for example, error messages. This helps to improve the site’s performance. Analytics cookies also help us measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns and optimize website content for those interested in our ads. This type of cookie cannot be used to identify you. All information that is collected and analyzed is completely anonymous.
• Functional cookies. These cookies serve to identify Users returning to the Site. They allow you to individually select the content of the Site for Users. If the User blocks this type of files, then this may affect the performance and functionality of the website and may restrict access to the content on the website.
• Advertising cookies. These files record information about user actions on the Internet, including visits to sites and pages, as well as data about links and advertisements that Users have chosen to view. One of the goals is to reflect on the websites the content that is most fully focused on the User. Another goal is to ensure the possibility of providing advertising or other information in a more accurate accordance with the interests of the User.
4. Collection and use of information
Cookies are used for a variety of purposes, including to:
• Make it easier for yourself and third parties to receive information about visits by Users of the Site;
• Analyze information about visits to pages by Users to improve the Site;
• Provide advertisements, messages and content created by us and third parties on this site and sites of others, taking into account the interests of the User;
• Help the User in obtaining the necessary information;
• Determine the number of visitors and how they use our site – to improve the effectiveness of the site and to better understand the interests of their audience.
5. Cookie storage period
Some cookies are valid from the moment you enter the site until the end of this particular browser session. When you close your browser, these files become unnecessary and are automatically deleted. These cookies are called “session” cookies.
Some cookies are stored on the device and between sessions of work in the browser – they are not deleted after closing the browser. These cookies are called “persistent” cookies. The retention period of persistent cookies on a device is different for different cookies. We and other companies use persistent cookies for various purposes: for example, to determine how often you visit our sites or how often you return to them, how the use of the Site changes over time, and to measure the effectiveness of advertising.
Cookies can be placed on your device by the Site administration. These cookies are called “own” cookies. Some cookies may be placed on your device by other operators. These cookies are called “third party” cookies.
Advertisements may be served to you based on the nature of your online or mobile activities, your search activity, your responses to one of our advertisements or emails, the pages you visit, your geographic region or other information. Such advertisements may appear on our site or on third party sites. Technology partners with whom we cooperate and who help us conduct advertising campaigns tailored to your interests may be members of self-regulatory associations. On this site, you may also see third-party advertisements depending on which pages you visit, what actions you perform on our site and on other sites.
7. Use of web tracking and cookies
We use software to determine the number of users visiting our website and the frequency of visits. We do not use programs to collect personal data or IP addresses of individuals. The data is used exclusively anonymously in aggregate form for statistical purposes as well as for the development of the website.
We do not create an individual profile of your online activities. The content of persistent cookies is limited to an identification number. Name, email address, IP address, etc. are not saved.
There is an exception: Google Analytics cookies.
Google Analytics cookies may be used to a small extent. These cookies use the IP address to recognize the user, but do not personally identify you. In other words, the information is collected anonymously. Cookies collect information about how Users use the Site, then this information is used to compile reports and help us on the Site.
8. Third party cookies
The Site uses information exchange buttons that allow visitors to bookmark a page and share its content on their favorite social networks. When you click on one of these buttons, the social media you have selected to share information may create a cookie. The site does not control the use of these cookies, so you should consult the respective third party’s website for more information.
Third party cookies in embedded content
Please note: as you can see, when you visit some of the pages of our websites, cookies are generated that are not related to the Site. When you visit a page with content inserted, for example, from the YouTube or Vimeo websites, these service providers may create their own cookies in your browser. The site does not control the use of these cookies and cannot access them due to the way cookies work – only the party that originally created them has access to them. Look for more information on these cookies on third party websites.
9. Web beacons
We use analytical web services, such as Yandex.Metrica, GoogleAnalytics, Woopra, Piwik, to help us understand how people use our websites and thereby ensure their relevance, usability and content. These services use data collection technologies such as web beacons. Web beacons are small electronic images that place cookies, count the number of visits, and measure the usage and efficiency of a website. In turn, this information helps us understand what information is of interest to visitors to our sites and provide personalized content on our websites. Web beacons are anonymous, do not contain or collect information that identifies you.
The information is anonymous and used exclusively for statistical purposes. These web analytics and cookies cannot be used to personally identify you as they never contain personal information, including your name or email address.
10. Cookie management
You can also use our Site without cookies. You can disable the storage of cookies, restrict their creation to specific websites, or set a notification about the sending of cookies in your browser. You can also delete cookies from your PC hard drive at any time (file: “cookies”). Please note: in this case, page display and site usage guidelines will be limited.
Most browsers allow some degree of control over most cookies through your browser settings.
Not all visitors to our site use web browsers. For example, some users access DHL’s websites or applications from their mobile devices. In such a case, disabling cookies or changing your web browser settings will probably not be possible.
To opt out of tracking your activity on all sites through Google Analytics, visit the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on page
Most internet browsers are initially set to automatically accept cookies. The user can change the settings so that the browser blocks cookies or warns when files of this type will be sent to the device. There are several ways to manage cookies. Please refer to your browser instructions for more information on how to adjust or change your browser settings.
If you disable cookies, this may affect the User’s experience on the Internet. If the User uses various devices to view and access the Site (for example, a computer, smartphone, tablet, etc.), he must ensure that each browser on each device is configured in accordance with his preferences for working with cookies.